Article - Arrival
By train to the Spengler Cup
The stadium ticket is also a train ticket
Free travel on the Rhaetian Railway network
With a match ticket, you benefit from free travel to and from the stadium on the Rhaetian Railway (RhB) network. The official stadium ticket includes the following additional services:
- Free travel by Rhätische Bahn to Davos, 2nd class.
- Free return travel by Rhätische Bahn from Davos on a game day or the following day, 2nd class.
- Free travel with the extra train from Davos to Chur at the end of play.
The extra trains runs 30 minutes after end of play, at the earliest 23:05, from Davos Platz.
- 23:29 at Klosters
- 23:35 at Klosters Dorf
- 00:17 at Landquart*
- 00:45 at Chur
Discounted traintickets on the Südostbahn
- and an extra train after the evening game
From 26 to 30 December, an "Aare Linth special train" will run to Zurich during the Spengler Cup. This means that fans can be offered a direct journey home by train to the Zurich area.
The Rhätische Bahn takes hockey fans to Landquart (with a match ticket as before free return travel in 2nd class), from there the Aare Linth special train runs via Bad Ragaz, Sargans, Ziegelbrücke, Uznach, Schmerikon, Rapperswil, Pfäffikon SZ, Richterswil, Wädenswil, Thalwil to Zurich (arrival at around 2 a.m., the exact timetable will be published in autumn).
For the Aare Linth special train, all match ticket holders are offered a special ticket. This can be booked in the SOB webshop (link will follow at a later date) and costs a flat rate of 34 Swissfrancs. Customers with a GA Travelcard or Junior Travelcard pay 10 Swissfrancs for the journey on the special train. The price includes the individual outward journey to Davos with the Südostbahn and the journey home with the special train.
Extrazug nach Rorschach
*Ab Landquart verkehrt ein Extrazug von THURBO nach Rorschach. Abfahrt nach Eintreffen des Extrazuges ab Davos Platz. Bei einer Spielverlängerung oder Penaltyschiessen wartet THURBO in Landquart die Ankunft des Extrazuges ab Davos ab. Alle Zwischenhalte sowie weitere Zugverbindungen finden Sie im Online-Fahrplan. Es gilt das normale Fahrausweissortiment. Mehr Informationen.
Extra train car transport Vereina
In addition, the RhB will run a special car train from Selfranga to Sagliains for match visitors from the Engadine, departure time at 23.50 hrs.
Getting there by car
Free shuttle bus directly to the Eisstadion
Stops and transport route
- To the stadium: Car park at Lake Davos – Icestadium
- To the car park: Icestadium – Station Davos Dorf – Car park at Lake Davos
The bus runs from 26 to 30 December
- From 10 a.m. to 3.15 p.m. every 15 minutes
- From 5 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. every 15 minutes
- Non-stop for 30 minutes from close of play each day (approx. 10.30 p.m.)
Timetable on 31 December
- From 9 a.m. to 12.15 p.m. every 15 minutes
- Non-stop for 30 minutes from the end of the final (approx. 2.30 p.m.)
Park+Ride at Landquart: There are enough parking spaces for everyone wishing to travel by Rhätische Bahn to Davos at Landquart station.
A car train runs from the loading point at Vereina to Engadin, leaving Selfranga at 11.50 p.m. Price per person CHF 39.-